(Australian Associated Press)
The national broadband network rollout is still on track and within budget, a Senate committee has been assured.
Responding directly to a leaked report outlining construction problems, NBN Co boss Bill Morrow said on Tuesday fibre-to-the-node connections had been partly held up because of relationship problems with power companies.
“We have since resolved the major bottleneck but it was never an issue of the NBN rollout being off track,” he told a hearing of a Senate inquiry in Canberra.
The company was still on track to finish the rollout in 2020, Mr Morrow said.
He dismissed claims the fibre-to-the-node program was costing more than expected, saying the cost per premise remained at $2300.